Ray Chen will play a Violin Recital in Cerritos on Wed. Sept. 14th at 7:30 at the Center for Performing Arts. He will play music from his first CD:
- TARTINI (arr. Kreisler)- Sonata in g minor from Devil’s Trill
- FRANCK- Sonata in A Major
- BACH- Chaconne from Partita in d minor
- WIENIAWSKI- Legende, Op. 17
- WIENIAWSKI- Variations on the Original Theme, Op. 15
This is an extraordinary young violinist of Taiwanese decent, who began as a Suzuki student in Australia. I had the pleasure of hearing him play a flawless and engaging Recital in San Diego earlier this year.
Ray was accepted to the prestigious Curtis Institute of Music at age 15. He went on to compete at several international competitions and has made an international name for himself as winner of the Queen Elisabeth Competition and the Yehudi Menuhin Competition.
“Ray Chen can do pretty much anything he wants on the violin,” hails the Washington Post. I would encourage my students go see him while you can still get your hands on a ticket. It will be something to remember.